Curd is the main ingredient that goes into this curry with a dash of other spices and onions. A Wonderful dish from Andhra Cuisine.The recipe needs very few ingredients and that too the main part of the recipe is simple tadka or tempering.
It is usually called as perugu charu or majjiga charu is a mild dish and is fairly easy to cook which makes it a great family dish to throw together quickly. It is considered good to eat when you have an upset tummy as it is made with ingredients that have digestive properties. It does not keep well so must be eaten as it is made because reheating will cause the yogurt in it to curdle.
Rather than eating plain curd and many don’t prefer to eat curd with rice, therefore, making this pulusu with curd and combining it with plain rice is the best option…
lets get started…
You will Need…
Curd – 2 Cups
Salt – 1 Tbsp.
Oil – 2 Tbsp.
Chilli Powder – 2 Tbsp.
Turmeric – a Pinch
Onion – 1 medium(chopped)
Tomato -1 Big(Chopped)
Green chillies – 1 small (Chopped)
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 Tbsp
Jeera/Cumin – 1/2 Tbsp.
Urad dal – 1/2 Tbsp.
Chana Dal – 1/2 Tbsp.
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
How to Prepare…?
- In a wok, add oil and heat it. Add cumin, mustard , chana & Urad Dal and allow it to pop up
2. Now add finely copped onions, green chilly, curry leaves and turmeric
3. Stir well and Saute for 2 mins. Add chopped tomatoes.
4. cook until tomatoes are soft. now add chilly powder, Salt and finely copped coriander and switch off the flame.
6. Take a bowl and whisk the curd.
7. Now add the onion tomato mixture to the curd. mix well and serve with Rice/ Roti
- Can add small pieces of Ginger to the tempering to enhance