We have come up with quick and easy dry curry made out of potatoes with simple and basic ingredients. Fried, baked or boiled, despite potatoes taste delicious in any form
Lets get started with the Ingredients:
Potato – ¼ Kg Salt – ¾ Tbsp.
Garam Masala powder – 1 Tbsps. Turmeric – 1 Pinch
Curry leaf – 1 stem Oil – for Deep fry.
Onions – 1 Big (Chopped) Chili powder – 1 Tbsp.
Mustard – ¼ Tbsp. Cumin/Jeera – ½ Tbsp.
Urad Dal – ½ Tbsp. Garlic Cloves – 3 (chopped/ crushed)
- Peel the potatoes and cut into small cubes.
- Take a bowl of chilled ice water and drop the potato cubes and leave them aside 15-30 mins.
- Now remove the potato cubes from water and dry them with paper towel/napkin.
- Take a Kadai and add oil for deep drying. Heat the oil in Medium Flame and add the potato cubes once the oil is hot.
- Fry the potato cubes till they are cooked and remove them from oil and place on paper towel to remove excess oil (You can fry the Potato cubes in batches with less oil).
- Now once the potato cubes are cooled. Again add them to the hot oil and fry them for the second time till golden brown. Place them on paper towel.
- Take a pan and add 2/3 Tbsp. Of oil and add Mustard, Cumin/Jeera & Urad Dal fry them. Now add chopped garlic and fry them.
- When the garlic if fried add chopped onions, turmeric and curry leaves. Fry the onions till they are translucent and add salt, chili powder and Garam masala powder.
- Now add the fried potato cubes to it and toss everything well for a minute or two to blend well.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with Rice or as side dish for Sambar/Rasam.
- For more crispiness you can refrigerate potato cubes along with water for 15-30 mins or add ice cubes to it.